- NextAdvisor with TIME VA Loan Requirements for 2021 "The ability to buy without a down payment and without needing pristine credit are huge differentiators for military families."
- The Ascent Why VA Loan Origination Has Soared Despite COVID-19 "VA loans were built to open the doors of homeownership for veterans who might otherwise struggle to secure home financing. Part of that commitment is having more flexible and forgiving credit guidelines than other loan types."
- Forbes VA Loans Break 1 Million in 2020: Here’s Where They’re Most Popular (And Why) "Younger veterans have been ahead of the homebuying curve compared to their civilian counterparts, in large part because of their hard-earned home loan benefit."
- Washington Post Why VA loans may be the best pathway to homeownership for veterans "There are a lot of misconceptions about VA loan eligibility. A common one is that this benefit is open only to those no longer serving."
- Houston Chronicle VA loans thrive as younger vets pursue homeownership "Homeowners who choose to use a VA loan experience a slightly different process than those pursuing conventional or FHA loans."
- Bankrate VA mortgage rates vary widely, study finds, illustrating importance of shopping around "VA doesn’t set a credit score requirement, so technically there isn’t one, but most if not all lenders will have an overlay for credit score."
- Chicago Tribune Easing millennial and Gen Z veterans’ path to homeownership, VA-backed loan program sees historic growth: ‘They’re turning to it in waves.’ "Seventy-six years later, the VA Loan program is still fulfilling its original mission to level the playing field."
- CNBC Here are some mortgage refinancing options, even for people with bad credit "Veterans loans can be a great option because they have built-in guidelines around recoupment and lower rates put in place to protect borrowers."
- Seattle Times Seattle-area home prices rise faster than nearly every other U.S. city, driven in part by younger homebuyers "Across generations, only millennials are taking out more for-purchase loans than last year, according to data on VA loans from the Department of Veteran Affairs."
- Denver Post Low interest rates lead to highest level of mortgage activity in Denver metro since 2005 "VA loans have already had the lowest average interest rate on the market and were already the best mortgage option for veterans."
- TODAY Is now the time to refinance your mortgage? Here's what you need to consider "The first step is figuring out what you want to accomplish with a refinance, whether that’s lowering your monthly mortgage payment, tapping into equity you’ve established, decreasing your loan term, or a combination of those aims."
- Boston Globe VA loan-limit lift will benefit Boston borrowers "Since 1944, there has never been a cap on how much someone could borrow with a VA loan, but there was a cap on how much someone could borrow without making a down payment."
The Book on VA Loans
Veterans and military members need clear, unbiased and helpful information to make the best financial decisions possible. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of misleading and flat-out false information online about VA loans.
Chris Birk and Veterans United wanted to create a resource to help educate veterans and military families about what they’ve earned and how to best use it. Chris wrote the first edition of this 300+ page book in 2011. Since then, Veterans United has given away thousands of copies to veterans, active duty service members and real estate agents nationwide.Get a Free Copy